Surrogacy or Surrogate means a “substitute”. In medical idiom, the term surrogacy suggests that using of a substitute mother within the place of the natural mother.
SURROGATE MOTHER NEEDS:
If you’re considering being a female parent you frequently should meet certain criteria. There may be exceptions in some cases, however below are what most meant folks, agencies, and clinics explore in a surrogate.
- Have had a least one child and have custody of child.
- Be between the ages of 21-35
- No history of pregnancy/delivery/post-partum complications.
- No history of premature birth. (For singleton, born by a minimum of 38 weeks and for twins, born by a minimum of 36 weeks).
- Be in good physical and mental state.
- No criminal history. (Must give a criminal background check).
- Should be willing (along with partner) to endure psychological & medical assessments and willing to supply all medical record.
- No tattoos/piercings at intervals the last 6 months.
- Should reside in a permanent address.
- Married or in a stable relationship.
- Have an honest support system. (Partner, friends, and family that’s supportive of your surrogacy journey).
- No history of depression or alternative medical specialty disorders.
- Have a positive outlook in life, kind of others, compassionate, sensible someone and caring.
- Willing to take IVF medications (both oral and subcutaneous/intramuscular injections of hormones).
- Willing to possess invasive medical procedures endometrial biopsies/IVF transfers/amniocentesis etc.
- Willing to visit fertility clinics, lawyers, and doctor’s ultrasound appointments.
- Take time off from family for surrogacy (appointments, bed rest, birth, and post-partum).
- Confidence in fulfilling surrogacy agreement by knowing wholeheartedly that this is often the proper call for you and you’ll with confidence say that you simply would don’t have any problems with relinquishing the children you’ve carried at birth.
- No abuse of drugs or alcohol either presently or for a minimum of 1-3 years.
- Ideally height/weight proportionate.